Come Play Preschool is a nurturing and relaxed enriching environment specifically designed for 18-24 month toddlers.
Each area in two dedicated classrooms will be structured for a particular purpose, supporting the range of activities to provide the richest pre-preschool experience for your little ones and promote development of their social, emotional and motor skills.
Through cross-curriculum learning, Come Play Preschool will establish daily routines and procedures for a smooth transition to independence in preparation for our 2’s program. Teachers will provide opportunities for parents to help foster their toddler’s independence through modeling and interactive play. Parents attend and participate alongside their toddler and have the opportunity to learn and grow together guided by caring and nurturing teachers.
How will an ordinary day in Come Play Preschool look like?
Each day in Come Play Preschool will begin with a Hello! welcome song and a Circle Time with a brief introduction to set the tone for our day. There will be a time to enjoy your favorite snack from home with your new friends and number of activities guided by the teacher, such as:
- Music & Creative Movement: Through music and movement your toddlers will begin to learn and further develop balance, coordination, body awareness, rhythm and muscle strength. We will use a variety of interactive/follow along songs as well as props including scarves, beanbags, shakers etc. At times this portion of the class will focus on developing skills individually with the help of a parent, and at other times we will work together as a large group to complete a task.
- “Parent and Me” Arts: During this interactive multisensory experience children engage in painting, building structures, and sensory activities all with the guidance of their parent. This portion of the day will help children to learn and follow a routine alongside their teacher and classmates, developing skills in cooperation, listening carefully and letting their creativity shine.
- Story Time: Each day, time will be set aside to read a story and begin to invite toddlers to actively participate in reading. We believe that it is never too early to model and aid literacy development and are excited about making story time a staple in our daily routine.
- Play Time: Developmentally appropriate centers including sensory tables, blocks, books, play kitchen and more will allow toddlers safe environments to learn and explore through imaginative play and creativity. These centers will be set up in a similar way to those found in our 2’s and 3’s classrooms, providing another means through which your toddler will find familiarity when transitioning into his/her next classroom.
- Gym/Yoga for Tots: This portion of the day will focus on building skills such as foot/hand coordination, eye/hand coordination, and social skills as well as promote the development of cognitive thinking skills such as counting, sorting, matching and colors.
Each day will conclude with a Goodbye song at the end and a short Circle time to go over all the fun things the kids have done through the day.
Mon, Tue, Thur (9am-12pm)
Two days a week – $500 /month – 8 classes
Three days a week – $750/month – 12 classes