A PLAY-BASED STEAM EXPERIENCE FOR INTELLECTUAL LEARNERS
Summer vacation does not have to be a summer slide. During 9 weeks from 07/03 – 09/1, students will be invited to explore, question, and develop thinking strategies to help them problem solve with the help of the prior knowledge! They will predict, reason, and visualize with the help of auditory cues and read-aloud sessions.
We welcome you to a summer camp that will be enriching, refreshing, and stimulating for students that want to learn with all their senses and a whole-body experience. We want to expand the imagination of our young learners, and take them on a life-changing journey over the course of 9 weeks! We will be identifying relationships in every day tools, classifying objects, and learning to think outside of the box.
- Biology (7/3 – 7/7) and Biology Part II (7/10-7/14). Activities and scientific experimentation! Children take a virtual trip to the Amazon, Sahara and Antarctica to learn about their unique ecosystems.
- Speech, Drama, and Art (7/17-7/21). Through exploration of the performing arts, children learn how to communicate their own unique ideas.
- Technology and Transportation (7/24-7/28); Technology and Transportation (7/31-8/04). Examination of transportation, electrical and computer technologies helps children discover what makes every day items work.
- Earth Science (8/07 – 8/11) and Earth Science(8/14 – 8/18). The Earth reveals its wonder and variety. Activities and games on the Learning Station allow the children to take imaginary world journeys to examine and understand the composition of the earth from its surface to its core.
- Natural Science (8/21- 9/01). Children participate in a variety of scientific experiments including magnetism, flotation, molecular change and buoyancy. The children gain an understanding of the scientific method through these experiments and games.
SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
In addition to our STEAM program, Evolution will be offering a summer program jam-packed with tons of fun and imagination!
Do you want your child to learn Mandarin language through age-appropriate fun activities? Our Immersive program is exactly what you are looking for!
Children will be learning common Mandarin words and phrases through fun hands-on activities. They will be singing, dancing, drawing and playing games.
In the end of the program, children will be able to say short common phrases in Mandarin, recognize basic calligraphy and develop a deeper appreciation of Chinese culture.
EVOLUTION KIDS SCOUTS
Help children discover their strengths, passions, and talents while building future leaders by combining education activities and life long values with fun. Children will build skills such as courage, confidence, and character to help make the world a better place.
A mind-body-heart practice, our classes are rooted in youth development and principles that address a child’s holistic wellness. Develop children’s abilities to focus (attention), stand up straight (posture), move their limbs with control (coordination) and grace (flexibility), and find inner strength (self-confidence).
From week to week children will get to explore a song, rhythm or movement corresponding with the theme of the week (Camping, Nature lovers, Animal adventure or Under the sea during the Summer months). Materials will be geared towards appropriate age levels. This is a class about singing, creating community, sharing culture and exploring. Get ready for a magically musical summer!
-Lower East Side Ecology Center
-M’Finda Kalunga Garden
-Songs and Stories from the New York Public Library